The Employment Bill has had its third day in committee in the House of Lords (see Hansard). Discussion included:
- tightening up minimum wage enforcement (proposals agreed);
- broadening the type of expenses that can be reimbursed to voluntary workers without triggering eligibility for the minimum wage (proposal agreed);
- making the NMW apply to all mariners when within UK territorial waters and to all mariners on UK registered ships whereever they may be working (proposal withdrawn after discussion);
- increasing fines for employment agencies who charge fees to job seekers when not allowed, and imposing a new duty to protect welfare of temps (proposals withdrawn after discussion);
- trade union exclusion/expulsion following the ASLEF ase (cl 17) - (proposals withdrawn after discussion)
Thanks to www.emplaw.co.uk for their permission to reproduce this item.