[Just 28 of 220 places left on the fourth and final London Employment Law MasterClass this coming Tuesday - see details]
According to an article in Personnel Today, the government's proposed changes to TUPE are now likely to be published next month and come into force in January 2014.
The proposed changes are expected to include:-
- repealing regulation 3(1)(b) (the 'service provision change' definition of a transfer)
- repealing regulations 10 and 11 (employee liability notification requirements)
- amending the meaning of 'economic, technical or organisational reasons entailing changes in the workforce'
- allowing TUPE consultation to satisfy collective redundancy consultation requirements
- allowing microbusinesses to inform and consult directly with employees (rather than electing employee representatives)
- closing a loophole relating to the transfer of pensions
I'll be going through these (at breakneck pace - no more than 10 minutes!) at my MasterClass.