Today is World Menopause Day and in line with that, workplace expert Acas has published new guidance to help employers and managers support staff who are affected by menopause symptoms at work. As well as guidance for employers, there are also tips for workers on how to raise any concerns.
Key points include:
- Create and implement a menopause policy;
- Provide awareness training for managers to deal with any concerns in a sensitive way;
- Create an open and trusted culture within the team;
- Make changes where possible such as altering working hours;
- Implement low-cost environmental changes such as providing desk fans;
- Awareness of employment laws that can relate to menopause issues at work such as the risks of sex, disability or age discrimination.
You can view the full guidance here.