[Thanks to Laurie Anstis of Boyes Turner for telling me about this]
Acas and the TUC have, today, launched a new guide for trade union representatives on workplace mediation, and how mediation can avoid costly disputes.
The new guide covers:
- What happens during mediation
- The role of representatives in mediation and how to support members
- Working with employers to set up mediation arrangements
- How mediation fits with other workplace procedures and agreements
- Trade Union reps acting as mediators
The new guide is available here. Another Acas mediation guide, aimed at employers, is available here.