As readers know, the Ministry of Justice is conducting a review of the employment tribunal fee regime.
The President and the Regional Employment Judges of the Employment Tribunals have, together, submitted written evidence for the review which is well worth reading.
See in particular:-
- recommendation there be three, not two, tiers of cases (para 22)
- possible reduced fees for hearings on paper (para 23)
- possible additional fees for certain case management or preliminary hearings, albeit with reservations expressed (paras 24-25)
- the Respondent to pay a response fee and a hearing fee (para 26)
- proposals for the fees when the employer is insolvent, or a claim is rejected at the vetting stage (paras 28-30)