The government has published its consultation paper seeking views on amendments to the dispute resolution and other employment law matters.
The matters under consultation include:-
- extending the definition of a 'relevant advisor' who can sign off a compromise agreement (to include CIPD members);
- changing the current position on interest accruing on tribunal awards;
- broader powers for tribunals to make recommendations in discrimination cases;
- introducing a procedure for chairman to make decisions on the papers only, without a hearing, in
- certain jurisdictions (with the parties' consent);
- adding Holiday Pay to the list of jurisdictions normally heard by a chairman sitting alone;
- clarifying the 'withdrawal' and 'dismissal' provisions of rule 25;
- revised ET1 and ET3 forms;
- transitional provisions for the abolition of the statutory dismissal and grievance procedures.
The closing date for responses to the Consultation Paper is 26 September 2008.