Daniel Barnett has written, or co-written, nine books:-
- Employee Investigations (ELS Publishing, 2017)
- The Law Society Handbook on Employment Law (7th edition, 2017)
- Costs in Employment Tribunals (Jordan Publishing, 2014)
- Intelligent Marketing for Employment Lawyers (ELS Publishing, 2009)
- Age Discrimination: An analysis of the new law (ELS Publishing, 2006, 2nd edtn.)
- The Future of the NHS (contributing author, 2006)
- Dispute Resolution: Analysis and Commentary on the new law (ELS Publishing, 3rd edtn., 2004)
- Managing Dismissals: Practice Guidance on the Art of Dismissing Fairly (Wiley, 2nd edtn., 2004)
- Avoiding Unfair Dismissal Claims (Wiley, 1999)
Daniel has written over 50 articles, published in journals including ELA Briefing, Employment Lawyer, the New Law Journal, the Times Law Supplement, the Solicitors' Gazette and the Solicitors' Journal.
He is quoted in national and regional newspapers, including The Times, The Guardian, The Independent, The Herald (Scotland), the Financial Times, the Mail on Sunday, the Sunday Times and the News of the World.