The government has published further guidance for apprentices, as well as for employers, training providers, end-point assessment organisations and external quality assurance providers.
It's long. Very long. Truth be told, it's also very dull. Here are a few of the key points from a skim-read:
- confirming apprentices on furlough can continue their training as long as it does not provide services or generate revenue for their employer (we knew that already)
- encouraging both training, and assessment, to take place remotely
- granting extensions, where appropriate, to the timetable for assessments
- allowing breaks in learning, and explaining how they should be recorded
- stating HM Treasury will not be pausing apprenticeship levy payments for employers
Click to here to read the full guidance: