Jeremy Corbyn, currently the joint favourite to become the next Labour leader, has published a quasi-manifesto document, 'Working With Women'.
In it, he sets out the following employment law / HR related goals:-
- abolishing employment tribunal fees
- giving all workers unfair dismissal rights from day 1 (NB he uses the word 'workers', but it's not clear whether that is in a 'workers unite, comrade' sense or a more technical employee v worker v self-employed sense)
- extend the 3-month limitation period for sex / maternity discrimination claims
- mandatory equal pay audits for all companies, irrespective of size
- strengthen trade union recognition and bargaining