The government has asked businesses and individuals to submit evidence on the default retirement age, to feed into the review taking place next year.
The evidence requested includes:-
- the operation of the default retirement age in practice;
- the reasons that businesses use mandatory retirement ages;
- the impacts on businesses, individuals and the economy of raising or removing the default retirement age;
- the experience of businesses operating without a default retirement age;
- how could any costs of raising or removing the DRA be mitigated
More details here.