Acas has published statistics showing the impact of the first year of Early Conciliation. Key statistics include:-
- it dealt with over 83,000 EC cases between April 2014 and March 2015; and,
- three out of four employees and employers agreed to try EC in its first year of operation.
Of the Early Conciliation notifications received between April 2014 and December 2014:-
- 63% did not proceed to a tribunal claim;
- a further 15% resulted in a formal COT3 settlement; and,
- 22% progressed to a tribunal claim
- of the 22% in which a claim was issued, more than half (51%) subsequently settled by way of Acas COT3.
The full report should be available here very shortly.