Acas has today published its 106-page annual report 2005/06.
Key statistics include:
- the Acas helpline answered 908,553 calls, compared to 880,787 last year
- Acas intervention has avoided 73% of potential hearing days (86% if including claims which had been intimated but not presented to the tribunal)
- the Acas website received 1.7 million visits. The most frequently viewed pages are A-Z of work and Rights at Work
- it delivered 2,964 good practice training sessions to over 40,000 delegates
- there were 109,712 applications to tribunals compared to 81,833 last year (an increase of 25%). Unfair dismissal continues to be the largest category of complaint with 35,944 applications.
- the number of requests for Acas to intervene in employment disputes and conciliate between the two sides fell slightly from 1,123 last year to 952 this year. The issue of pay continues to be the single biggest category.