Executive Assistant to Daniel Barnett
Central London based
Daniel Barnett is a practising employment law barrister at Outer Temple Chambers. He also runs the Employment Law (UK) email bulletin service and owns two companies (one producing white-label employment bulletins, the other white-label prepack employment law seminars).
He is looking for an executive assistant with great IT and organisational skills. You will liaise with clients, deal with routine administration, provide Daniel with relevant information in a wide range of areas, and occasionally research issues ahead of public appearances and draft articles.
This role will be a position of trust, and the successful candidate would act as Daniel’s ambassador in his absence, representing him with confidence, courtesy and accuracy.
• Routine database and IT administration, including formatting email bulletins.
• Keeping on top of Daniel’s task list, and ensuring that nothing falls behind or is missed. You will be expected to provide reminders to Daniel when appropriate
• Substantial responsibility for client care within Daniel’s companies
• Assisting with marketing
• Maintaining (although not controlling) Daniel’s diary. You will liaise with Daniel and his clerks to ensure that his diary and, more importantly, his time, is well managed
• Managing incoming communication, whether post or telephone, and dealing with emails redirected by Daniel to you
• Writing short briefing papers for Daniel on a wide range of topics
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner, including a clear, jargon-free, simple writing style and a friendly, approachable personality. Must be at ease when talking with clients and able to avoid formality
• A thorough understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Exceptional attention to detail
• A good understanding of html and Wordpress, or the IT skills and intelligence to learn it quickly
• Confident and able to accept criticism
• Able to act with discretion when dealing with confidential matters
• Self-motivated and proactive
• At least two years’ experience as a PA (or similar), or a University graduate with at least a 2:1 degree
• Some knowledge of employment law and/or basic graphic design skills will be an advantage, but are not necessary.
You must be well presented, with a consistently professional demeanour. You must be assertive, and prepared to stand your ground when appropriate.
Applications by email only, please, to firstname.lastname@example.org :-
- stating in the body of the email in up to 300 words how you meet the above criteria and why you believe you are a good fit for this role;
- mentioning where your saw this advert (e.g. Twitter, Mumsnet, emailed by friend etc)
- attaching your CV (no more than two pages, please).
Salary: £35,000 pa
Location: You will share my office in Chambers (opposite the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand) most of the time, but some home-working will be possible.
Closing Date: Monday 31 July 2017
NB: You will be employed by Daniel’s company, Employment Law Services Ltd.